Every year, airlines are given a series of awards by Skytrax based on a customer survey. Aside from the World’s Best Airline, World’s Best Business Class and World’s Best First Class Airline, another noteworthy award includes the World’s Best Cabin Crew. This year’s winner is Singapore Airlines, which also won Best First Class Airline.
The award takes into consideration how well the crew works such as their attention and capabilities as well as their attitude, kindness and generosity. Out of all the airlines in the world, here’s who made it to the top five.
1. Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines has climbed to the top this year, whereas last year, the carrier was number two and in 2017 it was number five. The airline’s staff is courteous, highly efficient and very attentive to the passengers, regardless if they are sitting in economy, business or first class. It’s very widely known that the requirements to be a Singaporean Girl (as the women of the crew are known as) are rigorous. As a result, you can expect nothing less than 200 percent when flying aboard Singapore Airlines.
2. Garuda Indonesia
Garuda Indonesia has an award-winning cabin crew, which has been in the number one spot several years in a row but fell short for 2019. Nonetheless, the airline does have the best crew in Indonesia and has won other awards for their service outside of Skytrax. Anyone who has flown on Garuda Indonesia expresses their utmost satisfaction from the crew, who are thoughtful, catering and very polite.
3. ANA All Nippon Airways
In third place is ANA All Nippon Airways, which was in the same position in 2018. It’s no surprise that this carrier retains its position in the top five year-after-year, thanks to the Japanese culture reverberating through each flight attendant. ANA All Nippon Airways award-winning cabin crew is always smiling, love to assist passengers, are courteous and very professional. Japan Airlines is a certified five-star airline that “continue[s] to deliver the highest quality of service” to each and every passenger.
4. Thai Airways
THAI Airways has held the number four spot for several years in a row, and although the service tends to be really good, it has been slightly deteriorating as of late. Nonetheless, THAI Airways cabin crew is still polite, well-mannered, professional and strive to provide quality service to passengers in every cabin.
5. EVA Air
EVA Air also has an award-winning cabin crew and has been on the top five list for several years, yet has gone from being in third place in 2017, fourth place in 2018, to fifth place this year. The EVA Air crew is always personable, professional and proper. Despite the recent strikes, the quality of service the staff offers is always welcomed.
Aside from these top five airlines that have won over passengers, here are the carriers that have outshined others in their country.
Best Cabin Crews by Country:
• Best Cabin Crew in Africa: South African Airways
• Best Cabin Crew in China: Hainan Airlines
• Best Cabin Crew in France: Air France
• Best Cabin Crew in Germany: Lufthansa
• Best Cabin Crew in India: Vistara
• Best Cabin Crew in Indonesia: Garuda Indonesia
• Best Cabin Crew in Japan: ANA All Nippon Airways
• Best Cabin Crew in Mexico: Aeromexico
• Best Cabin Crew in Northern Europ: Finnair
• Best Cabin Crew in Russia: Aeroflot
• Best Cabin Crew in South Korea: Asiana Airlines
• Best Cabin Crew in Southern Europe: Iberia
• Best Cabin Crew in Spain: Iberia
• Best Cabin Crew in Thailand: Thai Airways
• Best Cabin Crew in the Middle East: Qatar Airways
• Best Cabin Crew in the United Kingdom: British Airways
• Best Cabin Crew in the USA: Delta Air Lines